Thursday, August 29, 2013

Just Because Poem

"Just Because" poems ask you to describe yourself in the first line of the poem.  The next three lines in each stanza tell what you are NOT.  The final line restates the first line and adds a tag that will direct the reader to do something.




SAMPLE FORMAT:

1. Just because I'm . . .
   a.
   b.
   c.
2. Just because I'm . . .
   a.
   b.
   c.
3. Just because I'm . . .
   a.
   b.
   c.
Just because I'm . . .
ADD TAG LINE

______________________________

Just because I'm an only child
   I'm not pampered
   I'm not shy
   I'm not proud

Just because I'm an only child
   It doesn't mean I'm lonely
   Selfish doesn't describe me
   And, I'm not spoiled

Just because I'm an only child
   I know I'm not perfect
   I can't always be the best friend
   I'm not a nerd

Just because I'm an only child
Let me be me.


No comments:

Post a Comment